Rice noodles, or noodles in general represent longevity. Growing up, my family always made some kind of noodle dish at New Year’s dinner. If you like shrimp, garlic and rice noodles, this dish is prepared just for you!
Ingredients: (serves 3-4)
- 1-2 pounds shrimp
- 1 pack rice noodle
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Soak rice noodles in hot/boiling water for 10-15 minutes. At the same time rinse shrimp under cold water then pat dry
- Hot pan, add oil, heat on medium high. Sear shrimp for about 2 minutes each side, season with salt and pepper, set shrimp aside
- Drain rice noodles and run through cold water, transfer onto the same pan that just seared shrimp, add oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic. Mix well and continue to cook for another 3 minutes
- Plate rice noodles in the bottom of the plate, then arrange seared shrimp along in circles. Enjoy!
- Remember to use cold water to run soaked rice noodles so they won’t stick together
- If you don’t like shrimp, replace with other seafood
I hope enjoyed making this dish. Feel free to share how your families and friends liked it. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments. For more homemade dishes and recipes, follow me on Instagram! Happy Chinese New Year!